Thursday, March 02, 2006

Lover's Key State Park

Just south of Fort Myers Beach, Florida, is a little island called Lover's Key. Getting there not long after the sun came up, we were able to see some stuff not many other people get to see. It was my first time seeing some of this stuff myself. I have posted ten photos from the little excursion this morning, but not all of them will have captions.

Lover's Key, Florida; Photography by Troy Thomas This was the first time I had ever seen a live starfish. We were able to actually watch it move very slowly back towards the water.
Lover's Key, Florida; Photography by Troy ThomasI really like how this picture turned out. I think it was waiting for the fisherman to throw a fish to it. I was quite surprised at how close I was able to get to it.
Lover's Key, Florida; Photography by Troy ThomasThis image is of roots of a fallen tree on the beach. It was probably uprooted during one of the hurricanes of 2005, most likely Wilma.
Lover's Key, Florida; Photography by Troy ThomasA live conch in the shallow waters. If I had an underwater camera, I'm sure I could have gotten a better picture.
Lover's Key, Florida; Photography by Troy Thomas
Lover's Key, Florida; Photography by Troy ThomasA couple of pelicans in flight looking for some food.
Lover's Key, Florida; Photography by Troy Thomas
Troy Thomas on Lover's Key, FloridaD. took this shot of me. I kind of look like a tourist, don't I?
Lover's Key, Florida; Photography by Troy Thomas One of the few sand dollars we found in good condition.
Lover's Key, Florida; Photography by Troy Thomas

4 Comments:

Blogger Marianna said...

Oh my gosh ~ that starfish is awesome! I've never seen a live one either... well, except in a zoo setting.

I love the B&W of D. I remember it from last year..

M~

12:29 AM  
Blogger Troy Thomas said...

Chickie~

You are up late tonight!

We had fun out there. We even got sunburnt - D more than myself.

.-= Troy =-.

1:21 AM  
Blogger Marianna said...

Yeah ~ I was having butthead neighbor problems... UGH!

Tell D I said hi & aloe baby!

:)
M~

9:02 AM  
Blogger Leesa said...

Wow..these are very cool, I'm jealous! I always look like a tourist too, with my camera and bag :)

2:32 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Design and Sell Merchandise Online for Free