Saturday, February 25, 2006

Eco Walk

Early this afternoon, I took a walk through the Eco Preserve in Cape Coral, Florida. I brought along my new film camera and my point-and-shoot digital camera, as well as a tripod. It was a slightly overcast day, but the sun did peek through the clouds quite a bit while I was at the preserve. I was hoping to see a lot of wildlife, but didn't get too lucky. I was mainly trying to find shots for the film camera, so I only took a few with the digital. The first creature that I saw that I got a picture of was a skink (lizard). A few minutes later, I found a brown anole (another lizard). I managed to get a few shots of a raccoon later on, but I'm not sure how they will turn out. At one point, I was able to get within about 2 feet of it. The raccoon looked right at the camera as I was trying to get the focus. Just as I got the focus, it looked away. I'll have to try again some other time.

Anyway, here are a few shots with the digital camera:
Photography by Troy Thomas, 25 February 2006These reminded me of the buckeyes found in Ohio.
Photography by Troy Thomas, 25 February 2006It kind of looks like these might be berries inside.
Photography by Troy Thomas, 25 February 2006Something had a bad day!

2 Comments:

Blogger Marianna said...

These are awesome, T!

M~

8:56 PM  
Blogger Troy Thomas said...

Thanks, Chickie!

1:22 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Design and Sell Merchandise Online for Free