Friday, February 24, 2006

New Canon

Photography by Troy Thomas, 24 February 2006As I had mentioned in Gloomy Beach Morning earlier today, I have recently purchased a new camera. It is a Canon EOS Rebel T2 film SLR. I bought it on Monday and have been slowly learning about it since. This is my first SLR camera. I dropped off my first roll of test film today to get developed. I'll find out tomorrow how I have done.

The camera came with a Quantaray 28-90mm lens. I then ordered a 50mm macro lens and also purchased some filters, as shown in the picture. Next I would like to order a telephoto lens and a wide angle lens.

I have been wanting to get back into film photography for a little while now, so I finally bit the bullet and bought this camera. Now I need to start saving for the digital SLR I have my eye on - Canon EOS 5D. Some of the features of that model are: 12.8MP, 3FPS up to 60 full -res JPEG or 17 RAW, 2.5" TFT LCD screen with adjustable brightness, and weighs only 28.6 ounces. By the time I can afford this particular camera, there will probably be something better that I'd rather have. I don't see me owning this camera anytime soon.

Be sure to check out these other bloggers that have nice cameras and post their pictures:

Wildshotz
Photo of the Day
Kansas City in Focus
K's Clover Mountain
Looking Through My Lens
As Eye See It

Enjoy!

4 Comments:

Blogger Im A Foto Nut said...

Cool Dude! One nice thing is that when the time comes you will only need to get the 5D body since all the lenses with still work.

Thanks for the linky dink!

Incurable Savant via Kansas City in Foucus, aka kcinfocus on flickr

11:15 AM  
Blogger Im A Foto Nut said...

Ok, the war is on!

Go here

http://kcinfocus.blogspot.com/

to see my new gear.

10:04 PM  
Blogger Leesa said...

Oh you will LOVE the 5D! I also have a film SLR, haven't used it in so long, but don't want to get rid of it.

6:43 PM  
Blogger Troy Thomas said...

I.S. ~ Nice gear! I am jealous!

Leesa ~ I'm sure I will love it also. How many aluminum cans do you think I will have to recycle to be able to buy one?

.-= Troy =-.

1:24 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Design and Sell Merchandise Online for Free