Friday, February 24, 2006

Gloomy Beach Morning

I set the alarm for 6:00am after going to bed at about 3:30am so that I could go out to Fort Myers Beach to get some pictures with my new camera during the sunrise. I have attempted a few days ago to go to the island around 10:30am, but the traffic was backed up to a mile away from the bridge to the island. This morning, before 7:00am, it was no problem getting onto the island. Unfortunately, it was overcast, so it was pretty much a wasted trip. Plus, I loaded the film into the camera wrong twice, so I ruined two rolls of film, one of which was black and white. I am still learning this camera. (I will write about it soon, maybe later today.) I also took my digital camera with me and took a few shots with it. Five of those pictures are below.
Shell on Fort Myers Beach, Photography by Troy Thomas, 24 February 2006I can't remember the name of this shell, but it was the first time I've seen one in this good of shape. That is probably because there was still a living mussel inside. I found two of these, and the other one had a living mussel in it also.
Jellyfish on Fort Myers Beach, Photography by Troy Thomas, 24 February 2006A jellyfish in the shallow water near the shore.
Fort Myers Beach Pier, Photography by Troy Thomas, 24 February 2006A shot of the pier. You can see how gloomy it was in this image.
Fort Myers Beach, Photography by Troy Thomas, 24 February 2006One of the spots on Fort Myers Beach where there are a lot of souvenir shops and places to eat.
Palm Tree on Fort Myers Beach, Photography by Troy Thomas, 24 February 2006Before I left the island, I took one picture looking up at a palm tree.

2 Comments:

Blogger Marianna said...

Gloomy or not, the pics are fabulous! I love that shell.

The jellyfish gave me the heebies ~ I have some bad memories of these creatures biting me as a kid.

M~

2:04 PM  
Blogger Troy Thomas said...

I'm sorry I attributed to giving you the heebies.

1:26 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Design and Sell Merchandise Online for Free