Saturday, June 10, 2006

New Camera Pictures

Yes, I bought another camera. I would have liked to have bought the Canon 20D or 5D, but I just can't afford either of those right now. Therefore, I settled on the more affordable Canon Rebel XT. It is nice that I can use the same lenses that I had already bought for my film SLR. I am still learning about film speed, aperture, and shutter speed, so it is easier to experiment with the digital pictures rather than spending money on developing film that won't turn out good. I'm sure this will help me take better film pictures soon.

I went back out to the Six Mile Cypress Slough Preserve in Fort Myers again and took a lot of pictures. I already posted one picture, but I changed that one to black and white and cropped it, so I thought I would post these pictures in a different post.

Great Egret, Six Mile Cypress Slough Preserve, 8 June 2006This is a Great Egret wading at the edge of the pond looking for fish.
Dragonfly, Six Mile Cypress Slough Preserve, 8 June 2006A dragonfly shot with a 70-300mm lens.
Black-Eyed Susan, Six Mile Cypress Slough Preserve, 8 June 2006D tells me this flower is a Black-Eyed Susan. I used a 50mm macro lens for the close up of this flower and the next one.
Unknown Flower, Six Mile Cypress Slough Preserve, 8 June 2006I have idea what flower this is.
Abstract Photography, Six Mile Cypress Slough Preserve, 8 June 2006An abstract picture I took while walking the boardwalk through the Slough Preserve.

2 Comments:

Blogger Leesa said...

Don't you love new cameras! I seem to always want a new one, even though I have three. lol. Love these shots :)

8:10 PM  
Blogger Marianna said...

Wow, T! Sweet pictures. I'm thinking I may need to upgrade soon. I have a Sony Cybershot.

M~

8:42 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Design and Sell Merchandise Online for Free