Monday, January 23, 2006

Key West Pictures, Part 1

Today was my birthday, so D treated me to a trip to Key West, Florida. It was a fun time! Below is just some of the pictures I took during our little excursion earlier today. I am not yet sure about how many pictures I will post, but I am almost positive that there will be at least two more parts to show off some of my pictures.

This is the view from the back of the boat shortly after we left Fort Myers Beach.
This was the view from the side of the boat shortly after leaving Fort Myers Beach. It was somewhat difficult to take a picture even with the horizon with the boat swaying back and forth.
Just before arriving in Key West, this was the view from the side of the boat. Notice the color difference in the water from Fort Myers Beach to Key West.
After arriving in Key West, we headed for Duvall Street, the main drag on the island. Along the way, we spotted this building with a Wyland mural painted on it. If you would like to see more of his art, visit his website! There is a gallery of his stuff on Duvall Street also, as well as plenty of other art galleries.
I figured the first place we should stop is Jimmy Buffett's Margaritaville Cafe for a drink. This was the sign above the bar where I sat.
I thought I would get a picture of me inside the bar holding an island drink. D and I both got a drink called, "Trip Around the Sun," and it was very tasty! I suppose that was a good way to start our short day on the island.
After leaving Jimmy's place, I had to get a picture of the signs outside the bar.

1 Comments:

Blogger Marianna said...

AWWWW!!!! Happy Birthday, Troy! It looks like y'all had wonderful weather & a beautiful place to spend it!

I've been to Key West... eons ago. My dad got robbed ~ someone broke into his car & stole all of our cash & credit cards. But the place was beautiful.

M~

7:39 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Design and Sell Merchandise Online for Free